View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 10 Crashing opening sessions pressing play. SORTED I THINK. RAM PROBLEM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyelvis View Post
Chris,
I've noticed that in my Mac before. Occasionally "losing" a gig or two, then upon a restart it shows up again. I'll have to pop open my Mac and give the ram a re-seat. I have 24gb installed so a couple gig missing hasn't hurt me though either way. Enough at least to cause any problems.

-Chris
Hi,

Yes there's something funky going on, because i've just loaded a session after its been fine all day using 6gig and i get the low ram error message and system profiler is showing 2 gig missing again and i'm down to 4gig

I get the feeling this is somehow related to the disk cache feature! I've never had a ram issue before so surprised out of nowhere to be getting this missing 2 ram all of a sudden. and only since using PT10.

Going to turn off and re-seat the risers again

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.