View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 M-Powered Pops/Clicks with Guitar Rig 3 Kontrol Audio Recording

DTheone, thanks for pointing out this link as it's something I hadn't come across in the course of troubleshooting this problem. The issue with the pops and clicks I was having was apparently due to my CPU being hit too hard with both GTR3 and PT8 running and I could monitor the spikes in the CPU activity that that corresponded with the noise.

So, I've just finished upgrading my motherboard (Intel DP35) and processor (Intel E6850 3Ghz Core 2 Duo) with a clean Vista install and after a few rounds of initial testing, I have yet to experience any problems. However, at this point I haven't been able to really run it through some appropriately rigorous testing and given the "non-compatibility" info you've pointed out, I won't be shocked if some other issues arise. It would be beneficial if Digidesign could specify a bit of detail on what issues qualify an app/plugin as being classified as "non-compatible", but perhaps I'll find out sooner or later.

I'll definitely post any issues I come across as I start to work a bit deeper with the GR3/PT8 combination and now that Native Instruments have released the 3.2 update for GR3, I'll be installing that shortly. I'll be a bit pissed if I end up experiencing any problems because this level of overhauling my entire system is a bit of a drag, but I greatly appreciate having that stated "incompatibility" between GR3/PT8 pointed out, regardless of the potential irritation that may come up as I work a bit deeper with the two applications. I hate the idea of possibly being "forced" into being restricted into only being allowed to use Digidesign's guitar app, but I'm also cynical enough to not be surprised if that's actually an aspect of their business model.