View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:20 AM

Default Re: ADR in PT with scrolling text or just beeps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudigi View Post
Thanks for the info folks. I've been testing out Voice Q, and it's nice....when it works. Crashing all over the place though. The price is very high for that software too. I've always done ADR by pre-placing my beeps based on the cue sheets given to me and it's always worked great. I'm still interested in a low cost and easy to do solution for getting the text to be on screen. I'm thinking it must be much better for an actor to read the text across the screen rather than look down and up and down. I can also see where an actor may be distracted by the scrolling on screen text. Either way, I think it would be good to at least have both options available.

Thanks again!

Here's my experience and why I only use beeps. One, after watching/hearing the line to be replaced with beeps as how ever many times they need to get the timing and feel of it, most will just go with the beeps as their cue. The text accross screen I feel would be useless in most cases because a LOT of times, they might change words/lines (producers or talents call) and it takes less time to just pencil that in. Sometimes actors make little notes for themlseves so having paper for that helps. And a lot of cases (mostly for the talent who are not pro's at adr) I might end up going old school and looping the good old fashion way. with the beeps and putting PT in Loop Record and letting it go over and over till I got a few very tight reads.