View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Focus strip erratic volume automation

The focus fader (#24) is funky when not in focus mode as well. This leads me to think hardware is the villain. #23 has similar issues but it's unique problem is that often (not always), when moved, it shows no numerical incrementing in its readout and there is no automation written even though it's in touch mode.

For a few minutes all faders seemed fine but now hobgoblins are back. The symptoms are too erratic to be described accurately. As soon as a pattern is detected and some assumptions are made a new exception arises which creates yet more confusion.

For example: select fader #23 to be in focus mode. It is next to fader #24, the focus fader. I can move fader #24 and #23 will move in tandem however moving fader #23 will not cause #24 to move in tandem and there is no indication of incrementing volume in the fader #23 readout. Faders #24 and #24 also feel jerky and resist movement. Faders #24 and #20 work fine. They mirror each other perfectly.

This situation exists for about 10 minutes. I move on to other things, come back awhile later and faders #23 and #24 are fine but now faders #3 and #7 are not quite right.