View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: MBox LE 6.4 instant buffer error (-9129-9093) empty sess

G'day Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

"When everything worked your system drive was C: and PT was installed there and you wrote to sesssions that were on D:"
- This is correct. However I also wrote to sessions on C: as well. There was no problem using either partition as a destination, just my personal file system setup to use D:.

"Can you rectify the drive letter problem?"
- Not easily, unfortunately without wiping the drive again. Windows doesn't allow re-designation of system drive letters/partitions.

"The old Digi driver issue. you said you couldn't get playback from ASIO/Wave drivers newer than 6.1.1. Is that playback in PT or in other programs using the Mbox"
- Playback was for PT as well as other programs using Mbox.

"What kind of problems do you have with the newer drivers."
- Audio was not playing back in PT through the Mbox headphone jack (or anything else). Also, Windows XP SP2 would not recognise Mbox as an audio playback device (in Sounds and Audio Devices) using only the default ASIO/Wave drivers that are installed with the LE 6.4 CD my Mbox came with.
Installing the 7.x version of the ASIO/Wave drivers resulted in compatibility errors (cannot find DAE.dll etc) when PT LE 6.4 was started, although external programs were fine.
The 6.1 drivers were the next logical step, as Windows recognised Mbox as an Audio Device and external software was happy using Mbox for playback. Also the updated PT LE 6.4 was happy to use these drivers, and can achieve instantaneous playback of audio (in PT) before buffer errors kick in.

"Were you able to use the correct drivers 'pre-crash' (so to speak)?"
- Yes everything worked completely fine before the reinstallation, with everything out-of-box functional. I only needed to apply the standard updates (PACE cs9 etc).

"You could try to install the version of PT that matches the newest drivers you can use and see if that helps."
- I haven't given this a try yet. I take it you are suggesting getting hold of PT LE 6.1 and trying to run that??

I have a sinking feeling my best bet will end up being to buy an external hard drive, back up my 100GB of data, then use the 'factory restore' hidden HD partition which will reset my entire internal hard drive to the out-of-box original XP SP2 OS and factory drivers. Not that I have time for that right now

Thanks again for your help mate, I really appreciate your feedback and ideas.

Cheers,

Kel