View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Adat detection Problems With Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You can't "take advantage of" the preamps in the Apollo, well not via ADAT, since it only has ADAT input, it's not intended to be an ADAT preamp.

So you want to do ADAT input and output via the Focusrite. Get one thing at a time working and make sure the focusrite is set up to talk ADAT not S/PDIF

Since you are not using the Focusrite as a interface you have to set it up in stand-alone/mixer mode to tell it what signals to send/receive from the ADAT connections. All described very well in the documentation.

I would focus first on getting the Focusrite to run as an ADAT mic preamp, then worry about additional outputs for headphones.

And if still stuck... post a screenshot of the relevant IO pages in Pro Tools.

Well friends, after two days reviewing and testing various options for the adat to work with the focusrite, fortunately I was able to make them connect, I leave the guide link that helped me to do it, step by step.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-...-18i8-via-ADAT

Now with the apollo twin it is not possible then to use another 2 preamps through the ADAT? I know there are many more options to look for another 8, but come on, it's an apollo and I'd like to take advantage of those two preamps.