View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Why is my PT 9 lagging and always freezing?!

To the OP: A quick look at your other thread shows at least one thing thats known to upset PT. You should disable Magic.ISO virtual drive and see if it makes a difference. Virtual drives have been known to conflict with PT. Some more details on the GoFlex would be good to know. The throughput of external drives can vary greatly depending in internal chipset and connection.

While not PT9 specific there have been instances of nVidea card's not playing nice with Pro Tools. You might try uninstalling the nVidea drivers and using the regular Windows Default Video Driver to check this.

A clean uninstall of Pro Tools and a reinstall along with deleting the Prefs is always a good way to start troubleshooting. Also resetting your I/O to the defaults in the I/O section of the prefs has been known to clear up weird behavior.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88