View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:55 AM

Default Re: trim automation not out of sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
True, but what I added is that using automation nodes adds processing... when you use the gain plug you no longer have the engine automating multiple trims (meaning more nodes to process ontop of your session/plugins in real time....

So if you automation nodes are not acting in real time, I would simply stop using them and process the wave instead.. you can even setup a quick key to open the gain plug for processing, simple undo quickey if your not happy with the results and reprocess with a different setting.

So yes its essentially the same thing but your having to process it differently by using automation in real time.... from what I have heard PT will drop automation data to prevent from having an error... If you understand what that means in terms of using automation when you need it versus not using it if you dont need to (ie, clip gain). Although the computers these days should have no problem with this I assume if you have nodes on input trim, nodes on output trim, nodes on the volume, nodes on the pan, etc and then you have a lot of tracks it adds up....

I will try to replicate the issue on my home rigs which are not HD systems
oh now i get it, you are talking about the Audiosuite gain plugin....

ok, creating a quickeys to open audiosuite plugin? isnt it the same as creating a new windows configuration and access it with the keyboard ??