View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Got a 10.1" android at costco for 199 to use as S1 display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jre3132 View Post
I'm curious now to see if that same tablet will fill the s1 or if it needs to be bigger.
Ask and you shall receive! I ordered the S1 from avid on Wed and by Friday morning I had it. Had a disaster though. Accidentally knocked the Travelocity Roaming Gnome off my monitor and have to glue his hat back on. I was pissed and dropped a lot of F bombs but that is the price of trying to find a damn plug in my setup. Fortunately RG will recover.

Below are some pictures from this. Its nice that it came with different plugs for Europe and UK as well as USA in the box. Nice touch. Also made in Mexico not China. Preferable to me. I have the TAB A running the meters mode and the Dock is with the IPAD as a master. The Tab A is a bit smaller so it doesnt line up exactly with the strips but that does not bother me. I did compare it against the bigger 10.5 android but it was only marginally larger and not worth the extra 200 to me. A 12" Ipad Pro would fit the best but for the cost of that you could practically get a second S1.

Cheers. Peter