View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Does 003 driver Work on Windows 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantedworld View Post
I was in a similar situation a while back when I upgraded my rig to an i9-10900k. My Digi 003c was running smoothly on Windows 10, and I was worried about the same thing. As for the Digi 003c, it should work on Windows 11 too, but you might need to check for updated drivers or compatibility issues. I'd suggest doing a bit more research and maybe contacting Digi support to confirm, but you might not need to replace your sound card after all.
Avid's last driver update for Windows was April 3, 2014. This is considered a legacy product by Avid, and Avid has been very clear that they have ceased product updates for the 003. The last Windows driver 9.0.8 was only qualified up to Windows version 10. The 003 has motorized faders, and the faders will not work at all with Windows 11. Avid has no updated drivers for this legacy product 2014, and they will not be releasing updated drivers for Windows 11. Avid refers to this as End of Product Life Cycle. The industry has moved on from old firewire drivers and interfaces. My 003 worked fine on Windows 10, but the faders do not work with Windows 11.