View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Master: Separating Tracks

You’re mastering and can’t hear the difference in mp3 and wav? The last thing I want to do is come across as discouraging or disrespectful, but that sends a flag up for me. Mastering is an art, involving extremely fine tuning and very specific changes. Mastering engineers can hear some of the smallest changes and have some of the best trained ears in the music business (at least the ones I know do).

Regarding your question.
I assume based on your question that you’re wanting the tracks to play into each other with no break in the audio (like a techno type thing where the music never stops, but the tracks are separate). Bouncing will make one long continuous file with no separation. You would then need to import the file back into pro tools (or just use RTD which would cut out a lot of steps), separate the continuous file at the points you want the track advance, then export each separated file. Separating and exporting are both covered in detail in the reference guide.

Most burning programs are going to add a two second lead in between tracks. For burning the continuous tracks with no breaks, I think you would CD Architect or Nero (PC).

Hopefully this helps.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8