View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 02:08 PM

Default Re: dual monitor - mix and edit on separate windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husmas View Post
Hi

I've been googling this issue for hours now, and it still keeps bugging me:

Bought a second display for my macbook pro, running pt 2018.3.0 on a OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra)

I can drag my mix or edit window to the second screen and it will sit there nicely while my session is open. But after having saved, closed and upon returning to pro tools, both windows will open on the same screen.

This is not the biggest issue in the world and Pro tools is running fine, but I know this should be possible. I just, for the heck of it, can't figure out how to have my display settings saved.

I've tried messing about with window configuration list, new configuration and had auto update active configuration on and off... Nothing seems to work though. What am I missing?

Best,
Jeppe
Here is what I do. Size the Mix and Edit window how you like them then close each window and reopen it by selecting it from the Window menu. The window positions are then saved. I don't know if the positions are retained after a reboot because I very seldom reboot but the positions are maintained after restating Pro Tools.