View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:14 AM

Default Re: I/O setup page vs I/O hardware inserts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjamesbomb View Post
- I'm trying to set up a sum box getting fed my first 8 digi 192 outs - then that feeding my ssl stereo compressor which returns into input 7-8. Now, I can setup a stereo track and input 7-8 and output 9-10 and monitor that output only and thereby listen after the whole chain of summing and compression but it would be neat to have it as a hardware insert instead. I'm trying to change my I/O setup so software output 7-8 sends out of physical output 9-10 and it works for the tracks individually but not when I insert 7-8 as a hardware insert...then 7-8 remains 7-8 and I get a nice feedback. Am I making sense and has anyone found a way to solve the mystery ?

thanks in advance...

ps. PT8 rocks very very hard and so does a new 8core mac...logic is getting dusty down there on my dock
Hi,

You really need to use the software inserts you use outboard! that's the only way to be included in the delay compensation.

The inputs and outputs that you use on the interface must be matched!!! for example, out of 7/8 to your outboard inputs, then return back to interface inputs 7/8.

all this can be setup in the i/o setup.
Not sure what you are trying to do making software outputs 7/8 trying to come out of hardware 9/10 this can be done easily by moving the i/o routing around in the setup windows? its like a matrix! any virtual i/o can be dragged to any hardware i/o.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.