View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Crazy

TwoPort,

My bad, I responded to the wrong post!

Guys the main problem here is that the interface comes from the Firewire interface developed for the 002-003 based ProTools LE systems. I know that Sheldon, Tybor, Al and Doug are probably pleading for resources to develop a new interface when ever they get the chance, but decisions regarding budget allocation are not theirs.

I understand that the FWx interface feels limiting especially when we know that PT8 will support 48 channels of playback and recording native. But if someone else can show me a console that lists at $26,495 that will allow you to record into a competing DAW right away, just add laptop, then I think we have something to be concerned about.

While there are many Venue users out there, my understanding is that the company has sold about 1,000 systems (pre-SC48 don't know how much it will add to the total). That means that things are going to get prioritized more towards helping them sell consoles through hardware and software configurations that enhance mixing capability, versus fixing an interface that they ported over from another division. I'm quite confident it will happen guys, we just need to be patient.