View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 01:30 AM

Default IAC driver MIDI input and Virtual instruments

Hi all,

this is my first post and I'm starting with a very particular question I sould have to solve:
I use Protools as my first DAW but I need to route my MIDI signal to Reaper to let it filter/process the messages with some specific tools and route it back to Protools to playback with a virtual instrument (in my case with Steven Slate SSD5).
I actually do it through two virtual IAC driver busses but it works with a limitation: I have to record my performed midi messages on one midi track (named for example "CAPTURE"), route this to Reaper, and record the filtered midi messages from Reaper to another midi track (labelled for example "FILTERED"). Then I route FILTERED track to an AUX track with my SSD5 drum sampler. Do it in this way I have to ALWAYS record both midi tracks where I would greatly prefer to record only the CAPTURE track and let the returning events pass directly to the sampler.
Is there a way to remove the FILTERED track and receive my returning midi messages directly in SSD5? I have tried using an instrument track with the sampler and use its midi input, but also in this way I have to record the midi messages on it (that's what I need to avoid).

Sorry, I have written a long message but it is a very particular configuration

Any solution to suggest?

Thanks in advance to anyone would like to answer!

Thanks i