View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Newer firmware with old PT version

Due to a system crash I was forced to reinstall everything... and of course my panther install disks are no where to be found. So, I downgraded to the original Jaguar OS 10.2.8 that my powermac came with. then reinstalled PT 6.0.2 frp, the install (from when PT irst became OSX compatible). I've updated all of my plugins, as well as PTs to be compatible in OS 10.2.8. I am now at PT 6.1.2, Core Audio 6.1.2, and all plugins work great. Even my waves plug-ins are ine - which seems way to good to be true.

BUT - I have firware v1.20 on my Digi 002 and i get a pop up dialog telling me to 'upgrade' to firmware v1.07, the previous version from the PT 6.1.2 era. Do I need to downgrade the firmware or am I ok keeping it at the higher version considering everything seems to be working fine. Overall I have had no issues with PT tracking or mixing in this current setup.

can't wait to find my Panther install disks in order to get back to where I was before my crash, but i have a session coming up so this will have to do for now.

Thanks guys,
Jason

Currently:
Power Mac G4 dual 1G
512MB Ram
OS 10.2.8 - Jaguar
PT 6.1.2
Digi 002