View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Is it worth keeping PT10?

To all.. Thank you!!

An update of what I’ve done if anyone is thinking of the same things or in the same position I was and really concerned/ confused.

I have upgraded to the latest Protools and V pro control.

The system was a little buggy for the first couple of days until I tweaked it and now I’m back where I was in the land of happy and feeling it’s stable
The Control 24 is back and although a few features are not there fully you kinda don’t notice as it’s very close to how it was. If you are not sure about V Pro Control try the demo but be sure it’s the fully functioning demo and the old surface comes back from the dead. I only wish digi/ avid had done it.

As for my plug-ins I have used Metaplugin and I am back to normal. That was a dilemma as I have some rare type plugs that probably most would find useless or unseen yet I’ve found simple ways in 25 years to make things work for me and quite possibly created chains that although are non conventional just work.

My system is running off a laptop on Windows, can’t believe I left Mac but it’s working well, the 32 ram helps or should I say is the only way to go if you want to stabilise this for bigger sessions.

I have opened old sessions with 40 or so tracks that contain a lot of plugs and they although are not massive they are stable and snappy.

I still have a copy of Reaper which I use, that said after all my dislikes with the way Avid is going I am so happy I’m still on protools as my main.

It’s difficult to make the switch to reaper although it is really quite unbelievable how it runs. I have the control 24 working with that too
Once I got this set up it was really like falling back into my comfort zone.

So there the update.
Thanks for the help everyone, Its been a nuts year or so working which piece is compatible with this and that though I’ve got there in the end.

:)