View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Studio Setup Advice Needed

Quote:
Infa,
The mic pre is a liquid channel and speakers are dynaudio air 15's. I've found that the rosetta can send out signal to both the digital and analog outs simultaneously (thank god) -the 96IO could not do that. So I'll setup some kind of monitoring with the analog outs as they don't shutoff when I switch inputs on the rosetta. I know it seems wierd that I'm not converting with the rosetta (should I go out analog out of the liquid channel?) -the reason is I was able to try out the rosetta and it sounded significantly better than the 96IO with my setup (maybe because of clocking?). Anyway thanks for input. -also let me know when your website is up.

Rg,
-cc1
Cool !! I will do that for sure...

Uhhhmmmm,, oh yeah,, Yes, the clocking is better (IMO) in the Rosetta than the 96i/o so this IS why you noticed that difference.
(good ears)--

But see that SAME difference you noticed there, you will notice AGAIN by using the Rosetta for incoming conversion. Its converters are better than that Liquid channel so once again you will get that same noticable difference of audio translation quality gain by making the Rosetta convert your signal rather than the Liquid channel AS you did from making the Rosetta clocking you signal rather than the 96 i/o...

Yes,, I would go OUT analog of the liquid channel into the analog INPUTS of the Rosetta.

The outputing is a different thing. Since you have digital speakers, and (I imagine) you are not going to/through a mixing board, then the way you are monitoring your set up is fine (IMO) ....(via digitaly out of the rosetta to your monitors)..

And don't forget to look into a good "Source Selector", then you can have a real proper headphone monitoring set up, and maybe even get "talkback" out of it too. Here is the company that makes the one I have... -- http://www.studio-tech.com/StudioComm.htm --

Let me know --