View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 08:59 PM

Default Re: TC System 6000 help needed

This may not be relative. My System 6000 is on the blink! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see the info below and the video!
Hey TC System 6000 MKI owners! Has anyone had a problem with your main DSP 6000 AES/EBU card? For some reason mine stopped locking to wordclock and all of the meters would show that the level was maxed. I could control it via the ICON and ICON Software Editor by saving and editing programs though. It would power up and then the power LED on the front would start flashing red which indicates that the unit isn't functioning properly. After multiple trial and error tests, I removed the card and reflowed solder to all the connections! When I reinstalled the DSP card and powered up it locked to wordclock! However, still would not pass any audio and the outputs were maxed on the meters! I then reinstalled the Reverb Frame Software 4.02 and the Reverb DSP software but it still did the same thing. This issue was on my Reverb 6000. I decided to take a chance and put the DSP Card into my Mastering 6000 but it failed to fully boot! I'm sure it's because the mainboards are designed for either Reverb or Mastering DSP maybe? But, one thing I discovered and I did question, why was there a chunk of solder on the brass washers that appear to be spacers between the card chassis and the wordclock input? When I looked at the Master 6000 card, there was a chunk of solder there that was soldered to the chassis of the card? So, I soldered the Reverb 6000 DSP card to its chassis reinstalled and I still have the problem i.e. Wordclock is locked via AES or Wordclock but meters are maxed and still will not pass audio! Anyway, I coul But my Reverb 6000 MK1 Frame has completely stopped passing audio! I reflowed solder to all of the board connections but it still will not pass audio! I just purchased a working used MK1 Frame too! I can’t find any spare parts do these nor the MKII’s! Please help!
Mac Pro Early 2009 3.06 Six Core 48gb ram, Pro Tools 10.3.10, HD6 Accel, Pro Tools 2021, Macbook Pro, Magma PE6R4i, Yamaha DM2000 Console, Logic 9 and 10, Apogee Big Ben, 10pcs HD 192's, Benchmark DAC-1, Distressors, API, Neve, Rupert Neve, Dangerous, Lynx, Manley ELOP+, Massive Passive, VariMu, Neumann, Peluso, A-Designs Hammer 2 & Nail, Empirical Labs, Drawmer, Lexicon U87, Bricasti M7, dbx, Cranesong, SSL 500 G-Bus, Custom Audio Germany, Dynaudio, Focal, Yamaha, TC Electronic, Mapex Drums, SPL