View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 09:02 AM

Default A Striking Lack Of Functionality

Hello PT forum

I have had pro tools since August and it ran relatively well on my Microsoft Surface. However, I got a new computer for Christmas (HP Spectre, 16GB Ram, Intel Core i7) and when I installed PT here it only worked for a little while before it crashed. I tried to launch it again but my computer screen started strobing so I shut it down. After this I ran some other programs that were taxing on the processor and graphically so I knew that my computer was not the issue and I uninstalled/reinstalled Pro Tools. Again, it only worked one time before it crashed and would not open again without immediately crashing. I did some reading on this forum and ultimately decided to uninstall/reinstall AGAIN but as you can probably assume from the fact that I am posting here-it still doesn't work. I also know that it is not my interface that's screwy because I have used it with two other computers and it worked fine (It's a Behringer UMC 202HD). Anyway, I tried it again recently and all the buttons were replaced by a red square with "PNG" written on it and I have attatched a screenshot. I feel like I've exhausted all of my options but I don't want to switch to Ableton without asking the forum first :)

Thank you in advance,
Benjamin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg protoolsmessup.jpg (24.6 KB, 0 views)