View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Updated firmware for MC Mix & EUCON networking fix - When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Denton View Post
In order to get consistently good performance, you really should have your Eucon units on a separate physical network.
It certainly makes sense to run EUCON on its own network; although, I don't see why it wouldn't function on a common network (assuming sufficient bandwidth and decent networking equipment).

My network is run on a 24-port, layer 2 switch. The switch runs several VLAN's, including the primary default VLAN and a dedicated EUCON VLAN. The default and EUCON VLAN's are on a different subnets.

The MC units connect to ports that are tagged to the EUCON VLAN. The MC units have static IP's on the EUCON subnet.

My MacPro's two NIC's are link aggregated and connect to switch ports that are untagged. The LAGG interface is configured to run on the switch's default VLAN. An additional virtual interface is configured for the EUCON VLAN. Outbound traffic through the EUCON VLAN is therefore tagged for the EUCON VLAN, before it reaches the switch. Thus, EUCON is essentially run on its own network.

While not exactly a common home network setup, the above is pretty basic for business environments - especially in commercial audio/visual production facilities.

The problem is v3.2.x lost its ability to recognize and connect with the network interfaces that are configured on my Mac. There is no connection problem with v3.1.3; although, EUCON does not properly identify the LAGG interface by name nor does it list the EUCON VLAN.

The bottom line is programming EUCON to properly function within the parameters of established TCP/IP protocols should not be a problem.