View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Should I Stay Or Should I Go (from 12.7.1 to 12.8)?

12.8 was better here. Still having a devastating (and occasional) WAV corruption issue with both 12.7.1 and 12.8 on both El Crapitan and Sierra but at least I can now use plugins I bought years ago that were never stable under ANY version of 12 until 12.8 (SSL Duende Channelstrip, I'm talking about you!!!). Also had issues with 12.7.x using Arturia 4 but now works with 12.8. Even had Steven Slate Drums 4 cause C++ error/crash/corrupt files with 12.7.x and it now works under 12.8.

Still haven't been able to figure out why I'm having corrupted WAV files which is a total show-stopper as I've lost performances. Ironically, 12.7.1 corrupted the WAV's after a shut down and restart on a session that I re-did this past weekend with both OS X upgraded (from El Crapitan to Sierra) and Pro Tools upgraded from 12.7.1 to 12.8. Same corrupt file problem after I tried to reopen the session yesterday even though I had closed the session and reopened it right after the tracking session (but didn't shut PT down and restart, just close and reopen). Been trying to recreate the issue but it seems to be working now. Both times happened after a day or two between tracking and trying to re-open the sessions (that's when I'd get messages about the WAV files not being found and corrupted - can't even play them in QuickTime). Tried all day to recreate the issue starting from the same session... can't recreate it yet but I have no faith that it won't reoccur. If it does I'll switch to Win10 in my bootcamp partition and see if it does it there too.

Last edited by LesPaul2550; 07-06-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Clarification