View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Waveform Display

I tried recalculate waveform and it did adjust the wave form to the proper height.

I then tried a couple of test for my own curiosity. First I did not save the session and reopened it. I found the waveform at the correct value.

Next I created a new session, imported the wav file from RX, then saved the session. I then recalculated the waveform and closed the session without saving. I deleted the waveform cache then reopened the session to find the waveform at the correct value.

For the final test I created a new session and imported the wav where the waveform had been recalculated. The waveform was at the correct value when imported.

This tells me, if I am correct, that recalculating the waveform actually changes or embeds something in the wav file itself for these values to be read correctly.

Other DAWs read the correct value and the last thing I want to do is remember to maybe have to recalculate a waveform. Of course, next time exporting from RX I will remember to uncheck Preserve non-audio data.

So back to my originally question, why does Pro Tools not see the waveform at the correct value when originally imported?