View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:35 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: Router/Switch conflicts / Ip address problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
(Hope I get the terminology right now) - I just connect my Control+Transport+3 Mixes with Hama/Apple goldplated ethernetcables to a 5-switch, switch to an Airport Extreme with one cable and then I have the option to go from the Airport Extreme to the computer either wireless (not recommended by Avid, but works quit okey here) OR via one ethernetcable (for optimum performance) - but I did upgrade my cables and I have not yet needed to use static IP-adresses...

Additionally I use the Digi 002 for my first 8 tracks (banks independently) and adds an Ipad2 that can either be used with AC-7 to add 8 more tracks to the Digi 002 OR with Air Display as a third screen (have a 27" LED Cinema + MBP 17") in use with the plugins as a better touchscreen then the one on the Conttrol... - that way I get 36 faders and 2 touchscreens.

I moved my Mixes around the other day, so the two newer ones with the better rotary encoders comes first, because that is where the plugins mainly turn up...

Just my 2 cents of input two help you outline your setup to the max. Also read the postings at Gearslutz and see the collection of videos at
http://ckuik.com/Euphonix
Hey thanks,
thing is I do not want to use a wireless connection for internet (it can cause problems and is less stable - I noticed it also generate more heat) and I have only 1 Ethernet plug on my computer. Currently it works in the router, so it's not a problem...

I like the iPad idea, but I have a 23" ACD, a 27" iMac and a 17" MBP linked together (using a software called teleport for moving the mouse on the mbp, and another one I forgot the name to use it as a third screen). There is simply no more space on my desk. :)

I think with more buttons I'm going to have an epilepsy crisis (looks like a frigging airplane cockpit)!