View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:11 PM

Default Re: M-Powered Pro Tools 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Mitchell View Post
I thought the idea was to only have "pro tools", and "pro tools hd". Are we back to where we started with another software version to support?
Well, I think the main idea is:

- Terminate the 003 series (and thereby PTLE). There's already "End Of Line Clearance" offers at various dealers.
- PTMP 9 is meant to be bundled with entry level M-AUDIO hardware. Three bundles are already offered.

On AVIDs WEB page they show some bundles with PT9 and Mbox (with a maximum of 8 I/Os on the Mbox PRO!!!). So, for M-AUDIO they pair interfaces with up to 34 inputs with software to support only 18 of those. For Mbox they pair interfaces with up to 8 inputs with software, which supports 32 inputs. Indeed some odd couples. Why not substitute PTMP with an entry level hardware independent PT to match the entry level interfaces? E.g. like it is with Cubase and Logic.

For not-so-entry-level-more-than-18-I/Os M-AUDIO dudes like myself, there's only PT9, but if it isn't able to run with my Music Production Toolkit?! Tell me that it is, please. At least the plug-ins.