View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Hardware Insert Latency issue in Pro Tools 10!!! HELP !!!

My suspicion here is going to fall on the interface and/or user confusion.

If for no other reason the Apollo is new, very capable/complex, and has funky potential quirks hidden in places like internal delay compensation, variable delay compensation on upsampling plugins etc. (and its horribly non-obvious to me if variable latency gets reported back correctly though the drivers to Pro Tools). You might have also more success asking on the UAD forums. I'm only interested in the Apollo as a potential buyer, but here goes...

What mode are you running in, DAW+UAD DSP or DAW+Console?

What sample rate? (just checking at 44.1 kHz 9ms = 397 samples, an strange number).

Are you running any upsampled UAD plugins in the Apollo Console (on any track?)? (if so you need to understand the Apollo's console input delay compensation feature). I'm curious of the potential for errors here, with interaction with latency reporting to ADC, etc.

Have you competently removed all UAD plugins from your session? From the console inserts (bypass them all), and UAD and other plugins in the Pro Tools inserts.

Where are you creating the aux send to send back out to your STT-1 channel strip? Is this in the Apollo console or in Pro Tools? I am assuming in Pro Tools for use at mix time, not for use just when tracking. But note the console AUX buses add 32 sample of latency. However you are doing this now I'd try changing which ever way you have this done and see what happens. (obviously the console aux is really for use when tracking).

And maybe back to a fundamental workflow question, if you have an SST-1 why are you not running the direct out/dry from that into the Apollo and running the main/out/wet into another input? Do you not like the SST-1 preamps? Do you track this way and switch the config at mix time?

What are all the Playback Engine dialog panel settings? (EDIT: I can see them in your GS link, so don't worry).

Darryl