View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 10:20 AM

Default Re: GUI short freeze and beachball still on 2021.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiogamble View Post
There are some people here who will tell you to reinstall your OS. It doesn't fix it. I tried. Running an M1 macbook air.

There's at least one person here persistently telling people to do a clean install on the basis that a theoretical test-session recording blank audio works fine. I think in reality, those tests doesn't correlate with how people actually use pro tools. In my experience, the problem seems to be triggered by scrolling around in a larger session. GUI/meters gets sluggish, and eventually beachballs. 2021.7 is better than 2021.6 for this, but it still exists.

I'd strongly recommend to disregard the suggestions that a clean install will fix 2021.7 . You'll likely commit to a lot of downtime with no results to show for.

Submit a support ticket to avid, and wait for the next PT update which hopefully fixes it once and for all.
They are reporting their real-world experience so the info is valuable. But, yes, it's not been stated, and probably not discovered, exactly what it is within those reinstalls that fixed the issue for their particular system. I do agree that a full OS reinstall is a bit extreme, but it's a process that has worked for some -- it's up to each individual to decide if it's worth the effort.