View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Update PT 2020.9 to 2021.7 on Windows 10 Pro

In Control Panel>Programs & Features, find the Pro Tools, highlight it and choose uninstall. A dialogue Window will come up. Choose the bottom choice so the HD driver is included. Let the uninstaller work. When finished, reboot. Now install whatever version of Pro Tools you want. Let the installer do its thing installing to the default location. Reboot and then open Pro Tools.

All the stock plug-ins that come with Pro Tools will be installed along with the HD driver, Cloud Collaboration and Avid Link. Everything else will - or should - remain in place. I've never had an issue.

If you have changed any Preferences from default these will be deleted. Save your Preferences file and copy it back to the new install. I use guitardom's handy Trasher app to do it.

Personally, I use CCleaner's Registry Cleaner after the uninstall reboot to clean up anything left over from the uninstall, running the Cleaner several times until it doesn't find anything.

On a side note, have you done all the recommended optimizations? If they include making your onboard soundcard the default for Windows Sounds/Audio and making sure USB Power Management is off in Device Manager, you should always check these changes after any Windows update as sometimes they can be defaulted back.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction