View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Collaboration: Sending PT Sessions and OMF fil

Thanks Shane, I remember that post.
It was my plan to also include the consolidated files as this provides a fool-proof backup.
Nice to know the quickest route.

As they specifically asked for the OMF files and the client wants them sent I'm going to send them anyway though. I tried renaming the files after exporting but this made the file 'lose' the audio files when trying to open it in Logic. I'll just keep them in the same folder, I guess.

Do you have any idea about my last question mate? This is something I do on almost all my sessions; give the artist a 4 or 8 bar count in before beginning the track. However, I later want to have everything start on bar 1 (ie: at the beginning of the session) but by then I've usually set my markers up and re-positioning them by hand is a tedious task.

I suppose there is the option of setting the session start to a negative number (something I admit I haven't quite successfully managed yet), but then should I want to use Melodyne at any point it will cause problems as the session start has to specifically start at 0 apparently.