View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 AM

Default Re: error 6101 / 9128 CPU overload MAC PPC G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I use a PC based system and have had the same issue in the past. I don't know if this will work on a Mac or not, BUT, go to the SET-UP menu, select, PLAYBACK ENGINE, and see how many "host processors" it says you have. Try setting that to 1 less than the actual number. That worked for me.

Also, check your CPU usage limit there. You can raise or lower it.

When I changed the host processor number I haven't had that issue since.

Also, a lot depends on which plug-ins you are using. If you are using any wrapped VST plug-ins, they may also be causing the issue. I've had instances where a certain wrapped plug-in was the culprit. The reason is because the wrapped VST's aren't always 100% compatible with PT and can confuse it in different ways, depending. In those cases, I was able to discover which one by instantiating them one at a time until the problem surfaced.

Under normal circumstances, you should be able to have several plug-ins running all at the same time without having a CPU issue.
Thanks Donald, yes I have tried everything in the setup menu and unfortunately nothing works. tried buffer size, CPU limit to full/ sample rate full/ e.t.c all to no avail. I had some free plugins downloaded and thought that might be the issue but have since deleted them off my system and made no difference. Im only using the plugins that M Powered came with at the moment. Just wondering what did you mean by "wrapped" VST's, not familiar with that, might be something for me to look into? Its funny because I had no dramas using same computer and my mbox2 and Protools 7 with loads of plugins on same machine. I upgraded to M Powered, had to upgrade operating system to leopard 10.6.8 which is latest version of leopard and compatible with M Powered 8. The OSX was ghosted over from another computer ( which I got a computer guy to do ) so I am assuming after all I have tried that it could have something to do with that process. I am not up to speed with that stuff so I have no idea. Though you would think for a computer guy it would be a simple process. Thanks for your help Donald.

Model Name: Power Mac G5
Model Identifier: PowerMac7,3
Processor Name: PowerPC G5 (2.2)
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 2
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1 GHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.1.8f7
Serial Number (system): YM5090XXQPP
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0011246EBA20