View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Apogee AD16x and Protools

Hi, Just to follow up, In the Digidesign CoreAudio Usage guide it says,

"The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver is a single-client, multichannel sound driver that allows CoreAudio-compatible applications to record and play back through the following Digidesign audio interfaces.
• Pro Tools|HD
• Pro Tools|24 MIX
• Digi 002 and Digi 002 Rack
• Digi 001
• Mbox
• Audiomedia III
Full-duplex recording and playback of 24-bit audio is supported at sample rates up to 96 kHz, depending on your Digidesign hardware and CoreAudio client application. The Digidesign CoreAudio Driver will provide up to 18 channels of I/O depending on your Pro Tools System:
• Up to 8 channels of I/O with Pro Tools|HD systems
• Up to 16 channels of I/O with Pro Tools|24 MIX systems
• Up to 18 channels of I/O with Digi 002 and Digi 002 Rack systems (or 18 in and 16 out with S/PDIF Mirroring enabled)
• Up to 18 channels of I/O with Digi 001 systems (or 18 in and 16 out with S/PDIF Mirroring enabled)
• Up to 2 channels of I/O with Mbox and Audiomedia III systems See also “Compatibility” on page 1. For Pro Tools TDM systems with more than one card and multiple I/Os, only the primary I/O connected to the first (core) card can be used with CoreAudio.

And on the Apogee website it says about the AD16x,

"Connect Directly to Pro Tools HD or any
FireWire Enabled Computer
Like their cousin the Rosetta 800, the AD & DA-16X offer an expansion card slot that greatly increases con nectivity possibilities. Add an optional X-Series HD card and connect AD & DA-16X directly to your computer via your HD Core Card. Using Logic, Nuendo or any of the many native DAW’s?
Add an X-FireWire card to your X-Series hardware and enjoy a direct, extremely low latency connection that supports FireWire 800 standards and has backwards compatibility with 400 standards. And, if you are buying multiple units, you can daisy chain up to a whopping 120 channels with incredibly low latency.
Optional S800 FireWire card capable of sample rates up to 192k, compatible with OS X/Windows XP and all popular DAW's

So theoriticaly it should work. or am i grasping at straws and after 6 years of using protools do i have to move to new software to go to tape with.
The lack of information about this is a little disturbing.

Can anyone shed more light on the subject?

Thanks
Marty