View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Monitors in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmccam View Post
I have Amphion Two18s as my main mixing speakers for when I do music, which is about 50% of my business. I'd definitely consider going that route, however, the thought of having a rack of amps is a bit of drag. Haha!

In the end, I stuck with my Focals, mainly because I know them and the cost to expand my 5.1 system just made more sense for the time-being. In the long run I'd probably go with JBLs but, admittedly, having all Amphion sounds appealing.

@Protone — what speaker configuration did you go with? I appreciate that Amphion have a lot of options.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNyOlR5DIxu/

I have Two18 for LCR, One18 for surrounds and One12 for top. BaseTwo25's hidden below L and R for both bass management and LFE. My room height is at the low end of Atmos specs, and One12's were perfect match for the top channels. The sound field is amazingly uniform, despite top speakers being significantly smaller in size. The whole system is driven by Amphion amps, and controlled by MTRX+SPQ-card. About the "rack of amps" you mentioned, Amphion has 8ch amp coming up, and I was lucky enough to get one of the early builds!