View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 09:40 AM

Default Re: 3 Pro Tools issues making me do (& redo) what should be the simplest tasks of any

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
OK I'm going to be as warm-hearted as possible about this.
I know there are other threads regarding the specific issues I'm having but I would like to reiterate them.
Specifically, about the difficulty in carrying out simple tasks when composing & arranging MIDI clips.

I'm primarily a guitarist so my guitar tracks aren't entirely subject to these difficulties.
But it would be nice to get on with things when getting the MIDI accompaniment & arrangements for a clearly envisioned song down.

Here are the main issues that are making my compositional efforts a painstaking experience:

1. Pro Tools is not pasting/duplicating MIDI clips accurately.
A lot of effort has been put into the bass, drums & keyboard tracks and it would be a joy be able to re-arrange and modify these sections with ease.

When arriving at a new or better part for an existing section, I'd like to be able to duplicate each verse & chorus quickly.
Instead, a random amount of bass, drum & keyboard notes are getting shifted out of line with the original pattern.
Quite often, this happens to only half of an 8 bar section.
This is enough for things to sound jumbled or flammed at the transitions.

2. Sometimes when pasting a part onto the grid the first notes/chords of the next clip disappear.
I have to either drag the clip to make them re-appear or re-enter the note/chords all over again. Sometimes I can't even re-add a note on beat 1 without first creating a new consolidated clip.

This also happens when wanting to mute a select portion of notes in a clip.
I'll select a group of notes to mute and the first notes of the next clip also get muted.

3. Lastly, there are times when I simply want to insert or cut a single bar or section.
Cutting & inserting is as easy as it should be but I then discover that all my MIDI tracks have once again been altered.
A 2 second job turns into two hours of work all over again.
I have to inspect each clip and realign about half of the entire composition on every MIDI instrument.

I totally enjoy many other aspects and capabilities of Pro Tools but I'm having to work way too hard at these simple tasks.
And yet I still work at the envisioned composition no matter how long it takes.

I'll always be a PT user because I don't want to re-learn workflows in any other DAW at this point.
Please reward this user loyalty on the part of myself & others with a release that addresses these specific issues.

Kind regards,
Mike
Welcome To Pro Tools!!!

Macbook Pro, 2019 (15,1) Mac OS 13.6.6 Ventura,32 Gigs Ram,2.3 GHz I9 8 Core ProTools Ultimate 2024.3.1, Apollo 8 Silver,TwinX.