View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: SoundToys vs Eventide

Quote:
Both Soundtoys and Eventide plug-ins sound great and are capable of sound design in many, many ways. I use Anthology, UltraFX and EchoBoy. They are all nice. I use EchoBoy for almost any delay/chorus-based effect.

Eventide H3000 Factory, Reverb and Omnipressor are really good. Some users say that Omnipressor sounds like a Distressor, but I can't comment on that. Octavox is an excellent pitch tool for fattening vocals, keyboards and bass.

I now use the reverb from Anthology just as much as ReVibe, another great plug-in. For me it works best on drums, vocals and guitars in particular.

Have you demoed Anthology?
I'm playing with it right now.
I already have the Omnipressor (in the Clockworks-bundle), it's great!
Demoed EchoBoy too, but it didn't work for me in Logic, which I use 99% of the time.
Just trying it 5 minutes in PT, it seems to be a killer.

It seems like the rest of the Anthology-bundle overlaps what I already have.
I seldom touch Soundblender, even though it's a very good plugin.
Would I use H3000 factory any more? (Thinking loud...)
For the occasional delicate stereo-pitch, I guess I could use Digi's Pitch or Soundblender instead of OctaVox.
Maybe for the more esoteric FX, I could find use for 8 voices...
Band-Delays are also cool, but do you use it now that you have EchoBoy?

Look forward to trying the plugins in AnthologyII; the filters and the phase-tool.
The Omnipressor is very alnalog-sounding to me, so I hope those PIs are too!
(Regarding "overlapping", I love FilterFreak, by the way)

PT Ultimate 2022.10.0 | HD OMNI | S3 | PT Dock | EuControl 2022.4.0.78 | PT Control 2022.4.0.60
macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 | Mac Pro (2019), 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 384 GB 2933 MHz DDR4