Thread: Mbox surprise
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2003, 08:20 PM

Default Mbox surprise

Huh. So I got this MBox thinking it was pretty cool, and I'd get some PT6LE to get started with. Neat, because it supports OSX, and I like that. After fiddling around with it for a bit, I realize that there's no audio driver for this thing, even though PT recognizes it just fine. Then I come to this forum (finally) and read that this is something that is known.

I still cannot find any documentation that says that this item is NOT an OS X compatible audio I/O. It's not explicated on the box or this website that it won't work with ANY program other than PT. So what should I do, just return this thing? I read some talk on here that people hope that these drivers are forthcoming.....are they?

I can't fathom how this is not a big problem for a lot of people. The MBox is clearly aimed at home/small studios. This means that most of these computers are doing double/triple duty. Is it rediculous to ask that my audio interface plays audio?

So I'm not sure, I guess. I'm thinking I might return it, but I can't tell if that's hasty. Is there anyone in a similar situation that could shed some light on this interface under X? I'd appreciate it, and my apologies if this is rant-y, I'm a bit miffed, and I can't even get some simple iTunes through my monitors [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

-Peter