Default Re: Looking for best time stretching for pt in 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsongs View Post
Looking foo Best time stretching in 2021 for pro tools:

Pitch n Time 3
X form
Zplane elastique
Waves Sound Shifter.

I currently own xform and Sound Shifter. Xform takes forever and a day. Looking for best sounding with zero artifacts. Mainly for changing tempo on background and lead vocal tracks, changing tempo on my mastered mixes before uploading to streaming services and time stretching loops with tce tool.

Elastic audio is cool for certain things but can leave way too many artifacts. Is it worth investing in pitch n time 3 pro/le or elastique or maybe both? I just want great results and as much as I rather not bite the bullet I will if I have to.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ej
To this day I've not found anything to top the iZotope Radius algorithm. AFAIK however this isn't available as a direct plugin for PT - I wish it was. I usually export to RX which uses it. Adobe Audition uses the same algorithm.

For use with the timestretch tool, X-Form can be ok, it's certainly miles better than stock.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM