View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 06:55 PM

Default 1st Impressions: Carbon

Arrived today.

Let me say briefly that I started out with Pro Tools way back when, have had DSP systems (TDM and UAD) in the past , and over the years have jumped ship to Cubase Pro, Logic, and most recently the amazingly full featured Reaper.

But I've often missed Pro Tools, to the point where even though other DAWS often had cooler features in some areas, there was always something with them I didn't like that weighed in just as much as their good points.

So downloaded PT last month, did a monthly subscription, and have been enjoying it again. Love Dark mode, love the way PT allows folder tracks in the mixer (unlike Cubase)......

Carbon was extremely easy to activate. Was up and running in no time, registered the software and downloaded the main items I wanted to get up and running with, and launched PT.

Let me say this is the most analog experience I've had in a LONG time. Analog because I just plain hit RECORD and everything works. No second 3rd party dumb mixer screen to deal with. Like hitting the record button a tape machine. Just no latency. Plugging in a DSP reverb downstream was great....plugging in guitar to the front jacks and booting up Eleven was super, it's just been a great day all around. This product was made for producers like myself, who play guitar, record a couple tracks at a time, do some vocals, and need to work without that second layer hovering behind your DAW.

Just a fantastic interface, super to work with the front panel, this is the best gear purchase I've made in a long time. And btw, yes it sounds great. There is some hefty and punchy low end coming out of this box, something I remember hearing from the Omni years back when I briefly used HD Native. Great sounding, great looking, this is going to be a personal game changer for me.