View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Batch Renaming Bug...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Neither. Those are both partial file clips so they don't become filenames.
This is exactly how Pro Tools already works with naming.

You fail to understand Pro Tools already has an established logic (and has for a very long, long time.) And that same logic can be used for batch rename.

Batch clip rename wastes a ton of time for us that work in big projects and with a large amount of files. We currently have to batch clip rename and then go back, reselect all the files and pull up rename and hit enter over (and over and over again) until all the clip names get committed to the filenames. There is no auto way to do that and it can be 1000s of enters just to get through a small television show episode (and pro tools isn't exactly responsive to repetitive enters so there's a delay between each.)
And we can do that multiple times a day. Giant waste of time when either a checkbox can be put on batch rename or a second "commit clip names to files" feature could be added.
For one, I understood that perfectly and prefer the one file not have two names -rhetorically.-

For two, I understood and agreed and asserted (on side with everyone else, if you notice) a feature should be requested.

You fail to understand there is no bug, if we're both failing to understand things here. Desired features and existing features are different than a crash or a glitch or an error.

That's a simple fact. No argument with facts. It's not a theory or opinion.
I'm trying to simply explain the logic works for me, and I simply asked questions about how to implement the logic.

To be called "wrong for asking a question" --- go away with that unproductive manner, please.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //