View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Blank C24 scribble strip

Well I removed the bottom of the C24 and fairly easily found the ribbon cables that run to the led scribble strips. I removed each connector (had to peel off some hot glue) and cleaned the pins off with some de-oxit and a tissue. I then re-seated everything and all was well. For a day or so. At the current time the first strip is now "blank" while the other two are working fine. The middle eight channel strip will very occasionally flash some "hash" but just for a second or two. It would seem that cleaning the connections and re-seating the cables did help - though obviously not definitive proof. When I get time I'm going to open it up again (LOTs of screws to take out!) and see if I can get that first scribble strip working. Many times when I first fire up the controller it will show the "C24 Offline" message - but within a minute or so will degrade to showing "hash" and then to simply being "blank". For the time being it appears the other two (channels 9-16 and 17-24) are okay - and everything else is working fine.