View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Get Current code doesn't work

Jeffro,
Many thanks for your help. The instructions provided worked.

A few notes -
1) The "new perpetual license listed above my existing product" is there today. It was not yesterday. I assumed that after the "I'm thinking" animation ended, the page would be completely updated and ready for the next action. Is this normally an immediate page update or is there a lag beyond the animation completion for the new entry to appear? Parenthetically, I'll mention that just previous to starting the code submission, I tried to check the DUC but received a server error page (something about the header being too long); I doubt that the DUC and the store are colocated on the same server, I just mention this for any forensic investigation y'all may make on this.

2) I was stumped for just a minute when "Submit" had no effect. I had not clicked on the product description. Upon reflection, it makes perfect sense that there could be multiple licenses from which to select and that a selection would need to be made. In the case of a single listed license however, wouldn't it make sense to simply auto select the single license for upgrade?

3) The expiration date is listed as June 30, 2023. I entered the renewal code at 1800ish Denver time on July 1, and completed the steps just now, around 1200 on July 2. One or two days is a small thing, but can you clarify what date is used as the basis for registration please? For the sake of my OCD....

4) A personal note - as I mentioned, I seem to be a magnet for business-related (store) problems with AVID. If not for your assistance Jeffro, I'd have bailed from AVID completely years ago. You are the HERO of the company from this user's POV. I'm grateful for your assistance once again.

5) Note to future me for the next time (I have another Reinstatement in the bank) -
Enter code.
Wait for the new product line to appear.
Highlight the single product.
Thank Jeffro, even if it went perfectly this time.

One of my customers once said that "Your best customer is the one who'll tell you what you're doing badly". Please take the above in that spirit....

Last edited by Bob L; 07-02-2022 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added observation