View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Waves V14 - Has anyone actually installed on Mojave?

Canary in the coal mine reporting...

It's been a big day for me. Thanks to the indispensable Jeffro, my Reinstatement finally took.

I'm now co-installed with only half a dozen or so PT versions (I trimmed it down from 15!!!).

Emboldened by my success (thanks again, Jeffro!), I dipped a toe in V14 by trying only the CLA Compressors. Nothing puked. I ran PTS 2022.6 without incident. Further emboldenated, I went for it. I clicked all of My Waves plugs in Waves Central, crossed my fingers and installed. I don't have every plug they make, but I have quite a few.

I ran 2022.6 on the last two sessions on which I've been working. They are not littered with Waves comps, but all of the CLA comps, SSL Bus channel, Brauer Motion, Parallel Particles, Abbey Road Chambers and ADT are represented. I played both songs, looped, three times through with the "Hide Errors" selection off. Buffer at 1028, Cache on. No issues noted beyond a 6101 on the initial play, which is normal here.

I loaded both songs in 2021.12, looped as above without any issues beyond the initial halt; I think this one was a 9173. Again normal here.

Note that Ren Collection does not have a V14.

Truly emboldafied after all this, I briefly opened Studio One Pro 5.5.2. I haven't gotten cozy with it yet, so only some random "Test" things to try. Nothing died, but this is in no way conclusive.

My assessment is that despite all of the Waves "Are sure you want to shoot off your foot" warnings, all of the few plugs I tested seem to work. At least the install did not bring the machine down in flames. My fingers remain crossed.

Again, my rig is a 4,1 > 5,1 Cheesegrater, dual 3.33 6 core Xeons, 32 GB, Nvidia 960(?) GPU, Sammy 970 (?) 1 TB program drive on a sled, Seagate HDDs for sessions, etc.

Carry on.