View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Cursor filckering problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk View Post
Do i need upgrade from 2022.12 to 2023.3 for solve this issue? 275$ crazy. Avid, Do you have a conscience?
I believe it is a MacOS issue combined with PT's extensive use of many cursors.

The issue crept into greater visibility since sometime even before 2022.12, but it seemed, yes, to be quite visible in 2023.3, but now in 2023.6 on latest Ventura release, things are much improved.

Again, the issue existed prior to 2022.12, the issue was indeed MacOS related (I saw the issue on occasion in other apps with cursor changes), but I've seen it less in the latest versions

Note: Ventura, Silicon PT, Silicon MacOS, all these are relatively new and at the same time PT is trying to be compatible with a whole bunch of systems.

The consideration above is partly why some users on here hope for the latest release to fix the latest bugs and why some users on here take years to upgrade software, OS, as well as hardware.

There is something much more stable about a "final version of PT" that matches a "last OS version" and "stable hardware."

There are often sessions with a LOT of audio inputs recording, connecting to gear, and sessions can be much more expensive to run than the PT cost you mention. Therefore, stability is key and why many people on here simply don't expect a new version of PT on a new OS to always be rock solid.

It's not quite that combinations randomly fail. In this situation, it's quite easy to find out MacOS, and PT in this case may still be getting smoothed out.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //