View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 06:47 PM

Default Re: I have a new Dell (spec's inside) and need HEEELLLPPPP!!!!

Hm, well as the above posters say, OS incompatibility is probably going to be a problem. However, I run 11.3.1 on Windows 10 (with few problems, mostly relating to my interface driver) and the above linked table says they shouldn't be compatible so eh. Probably worth at least trying?

However
I wonder if what you are experiencing is this: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411117

I don't know if you meant that your computer isn't rebooting at all, but that's what I took it to mean since you said you had to reset to factory settings?

Anyway, some of those older Pro Tools installers, including PT11 which I use and quite likely PT 10 also insist on installing the PACE anti-piracy module which is what validates your license. Which sounds fine and dandy since you do need it to run PT, but the old version of PACE that comes with the old installers installs a file to the system that crashes Windows 10 on boot.

My computer has a Linux partition so I was able to boot it into Linux and delete the offending file from C: so Windows could boot again. But it's much easier to deal with if you delete it after the old version of PACE installs but before ever trying to reboot the computer.

So what you gotta do is install PT the usual way, then uninstall that old PACE, then reinstall the most recent version of PACE which I thiiiink you can do by installing the most recent version of the iLok manager.

Again, I don't know if this is your problem, but it is something you might run into. And this is assuming you can get PT 10 to run on Windows 10 of course.