View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to use a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos home theater as a Pro Tools Dolby Atmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Not sure of your budget for this project but you might consider this in the chain.

https://tascam.com/us/product/ml-16d/top

You can send the “monitor” outputs from DADMan out Dante and use this in your theater equipment rack into your 7.1.4 amp.

All you’ll need is a single CAT 6 network run to your “Studio” and a gigabit switch for the Dante network.

Lots of options for you. Good luck

I thought I was starting to understand this but nope, I'm still a moron. I watched this video and got even more confused: https://youtu.be/NzLcQ861T_E

Is there a way to flowchart this all with each piece of gear, cables and flow direction of sorts?

I'm trying to accomplish a way to not only have the 7.2.4 (.1 LFE but two actual subs) theater stay and behave as it does now but also be able to easily bring in the laptop and plug up a couple things to use the room as an Atmos mix room. This will first be used primarily by me on a personal project/new album but will also have a couple other artists and producers and engineers in occasionally to listen and do a little work. So I'm willing to spend a bit more to get what I need to accomplish this setup, but as I'm mostly doing it all on my own I need to fully understand this all.

So yea, I can get that box if it makes sense but would you be so kind as to help me map this all out so I don't **** it all up?

I was thinking about having the theater rack and the studio rack be one and in-between the rooms but that may not be possible, so may have to run more wires and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone