View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Ready to upgrade - which version of Pro Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
Curious to know how your install and updates went?

I’ve been using my PC with windows 10 and PT 11 for the last bunch of years, and it’s been working out well.

I’ve been thinking of buying a reinstatement code to jump me up to PT 12.

How has it been working on your windows 10? I think we have very similar systems, as mine is an older one, as well.

Plus, can you tell whether Your reinstatement code allowed you to keep the license for your older PT versions, as well?

Hope all went well… Thanks for your help!

All is good post the upgrade Mr Kelly, I'm glad I went through the process, although it's taken a bit of time... I'm on holidays at the moment, and we have a lockdown happening here in Brisbane, Australia, so not much else to do anyway.

I'm assuming you'd still have access to PT 11 once you redeemed your reinstatement license, but unkJE would have a better idea about this than me.

Good luck, and BTW, I read somewhere that reinstatement licenses are getting harder to come by.... check out Sounds Easy here in Australia, that's where I got mine. You have the exchange rate differential in your favour if you buy in Aussie dollars.

PS, I had to upgrade the PC's RAM to 16 GB, I bought and installed a larger SSD and a newer (though second hand) graphics card - that made a significant difference in performance in PT and in Win 10.

Last edited by Tubthumper; 08-04-2021 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added info