View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:54 PM

Default MIDI editing midi merging multiple tracks.

Hi guys

I have been transferring some unfinished projects across from Sonar to PT11 since I moved to Mac and PT is now my main daw

All audio tracks import as I would expect but not my midi tracks

In sonar my midi was all in one track as I had consolidated it before export but once I import it into PT11 it shows on multiple tracks.

For example a midi drum track used with ssd 4 all my verse may be on one track then the chorus parts on another but in sonar it was all on one track.
Or
For example on another midi drum track all notes apart from the corespondent note for my crash cymbal hits will be on one track and the cymbal hits will be on another.

In sonar I would have just been able to blend the midi buy dragging the tracks on top of each other and it would just keep all the notes on the one track but in PT 11 if I do this it will delete the part I have dragged on to and replace them with what's just been moved.

What I am trying to do is get it all on one track with out just sending all the midi parts to one output as I like to edit all parts in one track.

Any ideas how I can do this and work with just one track ?

I thought with midi merg on I would be able to just layer them / drag them on top of each other but this is not the case.

If it was just sections I coukd split them up and drag them to one track but when it's parts like crashes in sections I can't do this.

I can grab some screen prints tomorrow when I am at my daw but not at the studio right now.

Thanks to all in advance.

Avid S3
Artist Transport
Pro Tools HD 12
UAD Apollo 8P
Audient ASP 880
Mac Pro TrashCan
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB ram
Adams A77x
UAD Quad Thunderbolt Satellite