View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 02:38 PM

Default Re: HDX with Dante Via

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
I moved from the Red 16 Line to the MTRX, because it had too few Dante channels.
I didn't drop 30k on the MTRX- the critical conversion uses MTRX converters (mic pre's), the rest is over Dante (outboard and synths).
I have 16 channels of IO in the MTRX and 48 channels of Dante conversion and 32 channels of H9000 Dante conversion.
I also have the Dante expansion card in the MTRX.
It was around £15k for all the MTRX cards and the unit itself.
My Dante converters cost about £5k plus £6k for the H9000.

For an alternate DAW I use the Rednet PCIEr card (£800 retail).
I realize that my exact IO needs can be hard to grasp, but charted out as I have them, they still are not satisfied by any of the ‘simple’ solutions being offered. Make no mistake though, they are appreciated.

My needs are a matrix with 64 Dante, 64 MADI, and 32 (not 16!) Analog IO - 160 always available channels in and out; which can route to/fro either 64 HDX of PT HD OR 64 TB/USB3 computer IO. It’s not that complicated but the numbers are cast in stone for me, and portability is paramount. Antelope offers a solution, purportedly, but can’t or won’t discuss it pre-sales.

Focusrite is very accessible and helpful, but presents a rapidly growing kluge of size and weight at twice the price. Certainly anyone here offering ideas can understand that might be disqualfying for me.

I really appreciate the feedback here. Just please take note of my needs described above before telling me it’s a cinch. If it was, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And again, thank you for all your efforts.