View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Default NI & Dgi - the sad sga continues

I relented to intimidation and not wanting to think that I didn't do EVERYTING I could do to bow to NI USA's support person, so I purchased Pro Tools 7 (nice product BTW, one they add more tracks...) You have to believe that by nature, I'm an easy going guy, but I have products that I have promised to customers and they were already designed around Kontakt and Battery. Acoustic instruments are already tracked so...

Anyway, guess what?

My latest support form to NI regarding Kontakt and Pro Tools( the 4th for this problem, I still have one open from some time ago for a similar problem with Battery 2):

I have upgraded to PTLE 7.0. as suggested by ALL of you support personnel. Pro Tools works fine, great, in fact. Your product, Kontakt 2 STILL "works" the same way it did before I upgraded. I was obfuscated to, patronized, and talked down to because I was concerned that after upgrading ProTools, I would still have the same problem, and Lo, and behold, I do. This is not fair at all! Once again, I have included screen shots. If I'm doing something wrong, please tell me, but according to DigiDesign, I have their software configured correctly for what I'm trying to accomplish, which is have outputs on Pro Tools that make sense based on my Kontakt output configuration. You may want to tell {name withheld} in California that about this. I want to talk to someone that's not going to make ME feel like IM not an idiot. PLEASE???? Another weekend is going to be shot because of this. I have to leave to go out of town @ 11:45 DST, is there anyone I can talk to beside {name withheld}? Someone in you German headquarters?I do not want to speak to her ever again. She's not very good at customer relations and if keeps on going like it is, there's going to be a serious backlash of NI's own making. As for me, I've already posted open letters to both the NI and Didgi Design websites, and have sent letters to Recording, Sound on Sound, and Mix magazines to begin with, but that's just the start. You guys might be able to push around kids that buy your products because of good marketing, but I have been on both sides of this situation many times and you guy are doing a disservice to people (like me) who were once loyal customers. I refuse to be sorry for switching to Pro Tools, it was a choice I had to make for the type of work I generally do. You guys know how Komplete 2 costs and then Complete Care on top of that. I'm just a poor boy trying to make a living doing what I love. This letter will also be posted in the NI and Digi Design user group sites. Maybe you should read them sometime and REALLY get a feel for how happy folks are with some of your products.

Thanks
Michael McCoy
Yorktown, VA, USA

p.s. DigiDesign - good things in this upgrade. Now, if we only had more tracks....
K8V Deluxe
4GB Dual Channel
WD 80GB System
WD 300 production
2X300 RAID1 (for backup)
NVIDIA GForce4 Dual Head
UAD1 Plug-in card

-----------------------------------------------
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.
-----------------------------------------------