View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Edit/Mix Window Follows Bank Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Graham View Post
The Mix/Edit window in Pro Tools doesn't follow banking around on the surface. I'm working with a post mixer now on a video tutorial and he likes to use the feature where you scroll the windows in Pro Tools and when you select a channel by clicking on the name plate, the surface follows.

Hope you can make our December 9th webcast on the S3 and I'll be sure to pass along your feature request.
I'm going to tune in for the webcast, but I have to say: it's extremely disappointing that this "feature" is still not present on the Artist Series controllers and now the S3. I think it's kind of silly to even call it a "feature". Seems like base functionality to me. The whole point of a control surface is to put down the mouse.

It's my understanding that this feature works in Cubase and possibly some other DAWs. I find it odd that Avid owns the protocol and doesn't integrate it as fully as other companies do for their software. The cynical side of me would say it's intentional whether it's spoken of honestly or not.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I've been putting off purchase of a control surface for a very long time for this very reason. My main DAW has been Pro Tools and the Artist Series is what I would like to buy. But this missing feature as well as the general atmosphere surrounding Eucon and it's reliability have stopped me from pulling the trigger. And I would certainly never consider $5k (S3) for a controller that was, in my personal opinion, incomplete without this functionality.

The fact that Cubase supports the protocol more completely (at least the portions important to me) and also the introduction of the new Pro Tools licensing model are the two primary reasons I'll be moving to Cubase when version 8 is released. I know you probably don't care about little old me and I won't let the door hit me in the #$@ on the way out. But I may be a decent barometer for a significant portion of your user demographic, so it's probably not a good idea to ignore me completely.

And I know I speak for more than a few Artist Series customers when I say it would be awfully nice if Avid was transparent about it's lack of intention of including this feature on anything but the flagship consoles if that is the truth of that matter.

I trust that you'll pass on the feature request. It's been passed on through the Artist Series forum for years.

Again, I apologize for the rant. I'm done now.

Dan