View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Mac Pro 2013: Big Sur vs Montery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rBrooklyn View Post
Any real world experiences and thoughts are much appreciated!

Mac Pro Late 2013: Big Sur or Monterey?

Checking the hive mind now for gems after I had such a fantastic life changing positive experience going through the compatibility docs. It's on Catalina now, more deets in about section.

Thanks!
-Rene
Well I had that exact same Mac Pro until around Oct 22nd. At that point I had installed in this order from these OSX versions. Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, and then straight to Monterey with absolutely no issues. I am currently also running the same Monterey 12.6.1 for the new Mac Studio ULTRA as it's the most compatible with my setup here with my Dolby ATMOS room and composing, mixing. DADMAN software as well. Do not see any reason to question the tweaks that were done with Catalina and Monterey. Check you firmware etc. and whatever you might be using. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS